Saturday 19 March 2011

Scrabble, Flowers and Edinburgh





Hi everyone!

I've been super busy over the past two weeks and have managed to secure a new studio/workshop/saleroom at Drum Farm (just off Sherrifhall roundabout on the A7).  It is so great to have a wee place that I can work in and not turn the flat upside down in the process!  I've managed to complete 3 projects that I have been working on already!

The top one "Scrabble influenced coffee table", is definitely my favourite.  I just love the colour turquoise and I love Scrabble!  Ha ha!  It will be selling from my studio.  The second one, "Edinburgh Weavers Chair", was inspired by the fabric on the seat.  Suzanne at Friday Street (Portobello) found the fabric and we decided to put them together.  I think the lilac works well with the fabric and compliments it beautifully.  It is on sale at Friday Street in Portobello, its actually in the window facing the high street.  Lastly, the little retro trolley table has been lovingly painted, stencilled (with Edinburgh tourist attractions) and varnished.  It is also on sale at Friday Street.

I hope to have a whole host of delicious new items up for sale at Drum Farm and at Friday Street in the coming weeks and months, so keep your peepers peeled!

Also, I will be appearing at next Saturdays "Byres Road makers Market" at Hillhead Library with my friend Julia Laing of Materialised.  Come by and see the plethora of beautiful treats for sale!

Anyway, I'm off to celebrate the Scotland rugby teams' first try in 17 months, yay!

Be good!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment