Saturday 23 April 2011

Empty Chairs and Empty Tables





Hi Everyone!

Just a quick hello and cheerio this time!  I have just completed these two awesome pieces this week.  The top piece is a little telephone table that Suzanne at Friday street gave me to rescue.  It was in a very sorry state!  All broken and wobbly, a horrible red stain on the wood, mingin' fabric on the seat and no drawer knob!  Something had to be done.  So, I stripped back the wood, secured all of the joints, primed and painted it.  Then all I had to do was re-upholster the wee seat part, ta-dah!

As for the wee bent-wood chair, some silly person had nailed a cheap leatherette fabric to the seat.  So, I had to pull all of that off first.  What was revealed underneath was this beautiful carved pattern.  So, after I cleaned it all up, filled some of the bigger nail holes, primed it, and painted it, the chair began to look much more appealing!  In fact, I was seriously considering keeping it!  However, it is now up for sale at Friday Street and the telephone table will be up for sale there from Monday.

Really looking forward to the Makers Market on Byres road on Saturday!  It was great last month, so hopefully it will be great this month too!  Hope to see you all there!

Be good!

Claire x

1 comment:

  1. I miss telephone tables. You dont see them in the states. My grandmother had one by her front door for as long as I could remember and it was the first thing (except for her!) that you would see when she opened the door. Really nice piece Claire. The chair too, really awesome!

    ReplyDelete